Monday, September 27, 2010

That's Not The Fonz! That's A Blond Guy With A Mullet!

  It may just be me, but after seeing last night's episode of Venture Bros. I'm starting to think that the series has already reached its peak.  It's still good, but I spent most of last season confused, and it looks like that type of storytelling is going to continue.  That's not necessarily bad, but it requires an awful lot of concentration which  I can't manage late at night.  (I gave up Battlestar Galactica for the same reason.)  

  The inside jokes are still funny, but they will have to start being careful not to wind up like the orgy of self-congratulation that used to be Family Guy.  Also, projects with Ben Edlund can have a streak of the very darkest black humor; sometimes insanity just isn't funny, and I don't think Sergeant Hatred's pedophilia, no matter how bravely he fights it, can be dressed up as humorous. 

  

1 comment:

  1. Could never get into Venture Brothers. Frisky Dingo and Archer set the bar too high.

    ReplyDelete