Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I've had a major problem the last few days with something eating my tomatoes. At first, the suspect was insects or birds, but I was able to find a damaged fruit still leaking juice:


The edges were suspiciously sharp. When rotated ninety degrees the bite pattern became evident:



So what is it that takes one bite out of ripe tomatoes, is never seen and leaves no tracks on dusty ground? There can be only one conclusion: Satan. Satan is in my garden.

I felt diabolical eyes on my back. I slowly turned and snapped a photo:





Seriously, is there anything cats can't tear up?

1 comment:

  1. My dad used to have a dog that would dig carrots up and eat them.
    I once had problems with a squirrel that kept eating my Japanese eggplants until I started dusting them with dried habaneros.

    ReplyDelete