Monday, April 4, 2011

My Green Thumb... Of Death!

I left my plants out last night; it's warm and the seedlings were growing fast enough to be near transplant stage. The wind decided to blow, and blow hard. Cherry tomato: Pot fell over and landed on it. Regular tomato: In one of those "As Seen On TV" upside down planters. Sheered off at the stem and runs feral with the tumbleweeds. Pumpkins: The seedlings the cats didn't eat were almost at the four leaf stage. Broken in the glow of youth. The herb garden refuses to sprout at all. The only thing I'm left with are sugar peas and a pair of flapping twigs that used to be a blueberry and a cherry. Oh yeah, there is a banana tree in the mail, but I'm sure someone will decide to seize it.

3 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad, I killed a cactus... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the silly pilot thought you wouldn't be able to hit it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound like me, and yet my husband talked me into buying a bunch of pants this year.....

    ReplyDelete